Friday, June 20, 2008

Funny Story

So tonight I met a friend at a lounge in Davis Square called Johnny Ds. After a couple of songs from a great r&b band she pulled me out on the dance floor. Well I was on the floor a couple of seconds when this older woman grabs my hands and asks me "do you recognize me?" I look her straight in the face -and between discerning her toxicity level and searching past acquaintances in my mind-I say "no." She looks at me and says (screams in my ear) my son is in your class! I kind of gesture no that can't be possible and then she says "He's in your Italian class."

Thinking this has to be too much of a coincidence I say wait I do teach Italian what's his name? And she says Lyle. I never had a Lyle in my class. Then I think and realize something. Little background-there is a girl who was in the Italian dept at BC before me named Laura Sweeney. I've been told at least three times I look just like her. One professor completely mistook me for her once.Could it be? What are the odds she is talking about her? I lean in to her and ask-is his teacher's name Laura Sweeney? And she says yes! I explain to her how I used to teach at BC and that she taught there before me and that I knew her name because Ive been mistaken for her before. And she says you look exactly like her you have to meet her! lol.

I wish I could meet her! Though Ive been told I look like her, Ive never met her and never seen a picture of her! I want to know what she looks like! sheshe...

What are the odds that there is another Italian teacher out there who one.) looks just like me and two.) whose name I would know when this lady way out in Davis Square (pretty far from me) mistakes me for her? just a funny story I thought I would share.

No comments: