Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Wisdom from God and Italy...

Bostonians are starting to realize (even more) the wisdom of the Italians.


What with the rise in gas prices, the amount of Vespa's I see in Boston has skyrocketed! Which just means that I see any at all. But yesterday, when I was out and about-they were everywhere! I even saw a guy riding one in a suit and tie. Last time I saw that I was in Italy!


Last time I saw this I was in Italy (below)

I dont know if you can tell but there are three parked there!

This was on Washington St. in Brighton Center-right down the street from where I live. (taken out the back window of my truck btw) Crazy! I am salivating! I want one so bad!

Anyway, no news from the publishing job yet-so I think its safe to say I didn't get it. (Sharon's note: I found out that I did not get the job for sure after I wrote this) After all that stress too. lol. Also, no jobs from the temp agencies yet. (Weird!) I did get a call from one of the guys who helped me (just checking in I guess.) so I will be calling him back tomorrow.

And amid all the impatience God brought Psalm 46:10 to my mind today-"Be still and know that I am God." I was praying, asking God "how do I deal with this impatience and uncertainty?" Saying, "I don't know how to handle this or what I should be doing. I don't know how to be obedient in this circumstance. I know I have to be patient but what does that mean? How should I be acting?" And God said, "Be still. Dont do anything. It's in my hands not yours. Just trust."

And I really am trying hard to do that.

me

No comments: