One of my uncles gave my mom, my aunt, my cousin and I enough money to dine out at an Italian restaurant. Of course, he had a specific one in mind: Carabba's Italian grill. So, Saturday we all headed down to Rhode Island to check it out.
I ended up being very impressed. For a chain restaurant (and I'm wary of Italian chain restaurants) the food was excellent-the atmosphere was great and if its your birthday the waiters will sing to you in Italian-I was pretty pleased by that-even though their pronunciation was a little off-ok so Im nit-picky.
We started off with appetizers which included calamari-and yes I actually tried some. Not horrible, but not my favorite either. I also ordered an Italian sangria-yes I love sangria-and actually drank the whole thing. (a feat for me) Definitely recommended.
Then came soup and salad. I had the soup-minestrone-and it was amazing. I had never had minestrone quite like this before, but I ate every last bit.
For the main course I had the Pollo Rosa Maria-which was chicken stuffed with fontina cheese and prosciutto in a basil lemon butter sauce. Yummy!
We left some room for dessert too-a yellow cake with strawberry, banana and pineapple inside topped with real whipped cream. We also had ice cream in a caramel sauce topped with pecans. Now usually I dont like caramel or pecans, but this ice cream was great.
Hungry yet? Anyway, the point is Carabba's is great and if there is one near you I definitely recommend it. I look forward to going back if given the chance. Thanks Anthony for the meal!
Eleventh Race in 2012
14 years ago





1 comment:
i was iffy...until the dessert. i love all dessert and am constantly trying new ones. this one sounds good...
Post a Comment