I was driving, and I mapped out how we were going to go in the beginning-but this being New England-NONE of the streets are marked so we couldnt always find what we were looking for. I wanted to take 127 around cape anne-but we never found 127-until the end of the trip. It was hidden off to the side on a road with a crazy intersection-- and you can only see it coming from one direction-ughh!. But, we ended up stopping and exploring in two cities: Salem and Marblehead. It ended up being a spontaneous adventure. So it turned out alright in the end. And we are planning on going back to do the trip around cape anne on 127 next time-since now we know where it is.
Anyway here are some pics of the trip. First off-Salem!

Nathaniel Hawthorne's house of Seven Gables from the back
The Friendship again-and the pier with the lighthouse
Salem Customs house

We went in the witch museum. It was ok. They have a whole presentation you can watch and then another exhibit about perceptions. I wanted to learn more about the history though.
She's a witch! burn her!

store in salem

a mariner built this in 1771

West India Goods store




No comments:
Post a Comment