Sunday, December 2, 2007

Happy 80 bday gpa!


Me and the birthday boy! :)

As you can see, today was my grandpa's 80th bday bash! Yay!

I am amazed looking at, and seeing the result of 80 years of life. Really a testament to God's faithfulness. My grandpa told the story tonight (for the upteenth time!) of when he was seventeen, in wwII in Japan on a ship, and he prayed to God to give him a family. Looks like God answered that one! He is now a father of 6, (and some "adopted" ones in there!) grandfather of 10, and great grandfather of one-soon to be 2. How awesome is God. I really am thankful for him in my life and pray that he will stay with us for many more years!

Back to the party-it was a lot of fun. Even though I arrived late and missed most of it. lol. oh well, I was there for a good chunk of it. I really do enjoy family get togethers. It is kind of sad. I was thinking about it, and I will really miss opportunities like this to gather together when (if!) I move back to Ca. But I am thankful for them when they come, and look forward to the next chances to gather together. We are all going out and feasting on the 16-and then of course there will be Christmas.

Speaking of Christmas. I'm really starting to get into it. We had a "dusting" today, and as much as I hate snow, there's nothing that will get you in the mood for Christmas quite like seeing a thin layer of snow on houses covered in Christmas lights. Oh no! I am starting to get used to it here!! Oh well, Christmas is the only time I really will excuse the snow. Cause after Christmas it gets worse and there's not even anything happy or joyous about it-just yuckiness. Oh well, I can always visit my parents in NH for Christmas and get my "traditional" Christmas fill then.

I was very proud of myself though, for driving home in the snow. I usually avoid driving in snow like the plague. But I got through it, but not without lots of prayers!

Alright that's all for now..but stay tuned...:)

No comments: