Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Memories of 07

Almost immediately after I posted my last blog I started to feel a little guilty. I don't want to sound like I am not thankful or grateful for my life. A good friend of mine told me once when I was feeling depressed that he had found the answer to having feelings of sadness and self pity is always gratefulness. It is always to be thankful and remember those blessings that you do have, and realize just how good you have it. He quoted a song with slightly changed lyrics:

Gratefulness gratefulness is what I long for
Gratefulness is what I need
Gratefulness is what You want from me.

I really think that is right. How can I feel depressed when I see how much I have, how much God has blessed me with, me a person so unworthy?
And I look back at 2007 and I can see all of the great things that God did in my life. The opportunities He gave to me, the doors He opened, the people he brought into my life, and the ones I was able to reunite with.

The point is-I know I need to be grateful for everything God has put into my path the good and the bad, for everything I have and all that He has given me.I look back and see what I've done in the last year with the full realization that none of what I've done or what I've experienced would have been possible without God. I didn't do any of it. It was ALL Him. So, in that I feel like I can brag a little. :)

That being said, below is a little collage of some of my memories of '07


Rang in the New Year in the Happiest Place on Earth!!

With our favorite mouse!

My favorite restaurant The Rainforest Cafe!!

I went to Italy! I took part in a program with RAI the MAE and the NIAF to promote Italian teaching abroad! Such a great opportunity! That was DEFINITELY a God thing. I had a need to go to Italy and improve my speaking and He plopped this trip right in my lap!

Me walkin the streets of Roma

taking some time off for sight seeing

We had dinner on a balcony overlooking the city! Unforgettable! The cupola is in the back.

I got to meet up with my good friend Mike O for the first time in a year and a half! It was great to see him!

I met him and his friend Gabe in Montauk NY where Gabe started off his run across the country!!!

I got to go back to Ca for my bday! Becky and I made strawberry shortcake!

One of my favorite past times relived..driving around the buttes! How I miss that orchard smell!!

I got a chance to see my friend Natalie from HS and her adorable daughter Grace. Although she was scared of me. sheshe..

Also reunited with my friend Christina. Or X. She is the X Amy's the G I am the Z but we just need our O!! (still on his run)

I made it back to the Pacific!

They look cool..I look like Im trying to fly.

Got to return to one of my favorite cities!

When the sun shines on the bay..I wanna be there in my city (man I look dorky here)

Thanks dawgy for bringing me! It was such a beautiful day that day as you can see...



I found a great small group and some of us went on a fall adventure to the Hudson Valley in NY

Dancin in sleepy hollow!


My mom and I in "Glahstah" One of the many trips to the ocean that we made last summer, which is great by me -I love the ocean! But then again..is there anyone that doesn't?

It was such a beautiful day that day! We went to see schooner races. Pretty cool.

I liked this one of me..therefore I made my mom get it..it's ok..I paid for it anyway ;)

This one grows on me...
Forever grateful for family.

What a year! Thank you Lord for moving in my life, for your mercy and for your patience. I am so amazed and humbled by your love and devotion-your steadfastness to finish the work that you began in me. I'm sorry for my failings, please allow me more opportunities to grow in you in the new year, to become more like you, to want what you want, to see your purpose for me and to have that done.

1 comment:

Soul Focus Photography said...

its so awesome all the traveling that you do. i think that whenever i read about your life. its the best thing to do before you have kids! i did some traveling to europe and such but still long to travel more (especially with my love or photography).